Name: Dr. Abdelmonem Awad Mustafa Hegazy
Educational Qualification: Ph.D.
Designation: Professor and Former Chairman, Anatomy and Embryology Department, Zagazig University, Egypt
Department: Anatomy and Embryology
Research Interests: Basic medical sciences, Anatomy, Embryology, Neonatology, Histology, Histopathology, Infertility, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Genetics and Congenital anomalies.
Biography: Dr. Abdelmonem A. Hegazy is currently working as Professor of Human Anatomy and Embryology Department in Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University (Egypt); as well as he is a Consultant of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility. He did PhD at Zagazig University, Egypt 1999. He is the former chairman of the Anatomy and Embryology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University (Egypt); and Professor in King Saud and Majmaah Universities (KSA) 2009-2013 and Misurata, Faculty of Medicine (Libya) 2000. Dr. Hegazy is also a referee member of scientific research submitted for promotion of professors in Egyptian Universities. Dr. Hegazy participates in a Zagazig University academic, scientific, educational and professional development activities in the fields of medical sciences development, including basic and clinical research, policy implementation, design programs, set coursework plans, curricula, syllabi, scientific conference paneling, as well as designing and delivering a wide scope of continuous professional development programs, including training, strategic planning, research methodology, scientific thesis and dissertation writing; research proposal, medical ethics, organization’s behavior issues, all with emphasis on system and staff development. Dr. Hegazy is a member of Institutional Research Board (IRB) unit, Egyptian Medical Syndicate, Egyptian Society of Anatomy, and Postgraduate and Scientific Research Affairs Committee, Faculty of Medicine. His pool of academics consists of original research articles/books/book chapters in various national and international accredited publishing houses. Dr. Hegazy has plenty of scientific publications and projects with many citations. He has got many national and international honors and awards. Dr. Hegazy has been supervising post graduate students in their thesis works. Dr. Hegazy is the Executive Editor of the Zagazig University Medical Journal & the Chief Editor of Journal of Biology and Biotechnology (JBB). He is also a well-known reviewer/referee/editorial board member in many national/international indexed journals.
Honors and Awards
1. A certificate honoring from the Egyptian Society of anatomical Sciences / Seventeenth Annual Conference 1994,
2. A certificate honoring from the Egyptian Society of anatomical Sciences / 32th Annual Conference, December 4, 2008
3. Shield of appreciation from the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences Majmaah University, Saudi Arabia, 2012.
4. A certificate of appreciation and best distinguished faculty member - from the Faculty of Medicine, Majmaah University, Saudi Arabia 2013.
5. Zagazig University Prize for International Scientific Publications 2017; Zagazig, Egypt.
Editorial board member in the following international journals:
1. Mathews Journal of Cytology and Histology
2. International Journal of Anatomical Variations
3. Lawarence press (Pathology Insights)
4. GLOBAL JOURNAL OF MEDICINE RESEARCHES AND STUDIES
5. SCIREA Journal of Medicine
6. Internal medicine and care (IMC)
7. Journal of Addiction Research
8. EC Orthopaedics
9. Research & Reviews: Orthopedics
10. Fetal, Neonatal and Developmental Medicine (FNDM)
11. Frontiers in Women?s Health
12. Austin journal of anatomy- USA
13. International Journal of Clinical and Developmental Anatomy- USA
14. Zagazig University Medical Journal
15. Academia Anatomica International
16. Annals of International Medical and Dental Research
17. Universal Journal of Public Health- USA
18. theHealth Journal (Pakistan)
19. Journal of Surgery ---Science Gp.USA
20. European journal of clinical and biomedical sciences
21. Journal of research in medical and dental science
22. Current Research in Cytology and Histology
23. Asian Journal of Medicine and Health
24. Current Pediatric Research
25. Open Access Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatology
26. Medplus Journal Cytology and Histology
27. Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry International Journal
28. American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine
30. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer and Stromal Tumors
31. Gynaecology and Perinatology journal
32. Journal of Morphology and Anatomy
33. MOJ Tumor research
34. MOJ Women's Health
35. SM THYROID DISORDERS & THERAPY
36. Annals of clinical anatomy
37. Peer Reviewed Academia Sciences
38. Chief Editor "Journal of Biology and Biotechnology (JBB)"
39. Human Genetics and Embryology
40. World journal of Biology and Biotechnology
41. Journal of Cell Science and Mutation
42. Zinianz Journal
43. World Journal of Biology and Biotechnology
44. Integrative Trauma and Emergency Medicine
45. American Research Journal of Internal Medicine
46. UPI JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL, MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES
47. American Research Journal of Anatomy
48. Women Health and Complications
49. PROCLINS Gynecology and Obstetrics
50. International Journal of Research and Reports in Gynaecology
51. Archives of general internal medicine
52. Journal of Anatomical Science and Research
53. Journal of Embryology and Stem Cell Research
54. Journal of Clinical Science & Translational Medicine (JCSTM)
55. Member Scientific Committee of ERIK "International Experts for Research Enrichment and Knowledge Exchange" https://www.ierek.com/scientific-committee
56. Archives of Internal Medicine Research
57. Open Access Gynecology and Obstetrics (SOAGJ)
58. Journal of Biology and Medical Research
59. Journal of Pregnancy and Newborncare
60. Cancer therapy & Oncology International Journal (CTOIJ)
61. Online Journal of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Maternity Care (OJGOMC)
62. General Surgery Open Access
63. Journal of intensive reproductive endocrinology and women health (JIREWH)
64. 2nd World Congress on Gynecology, Obstetrics and Reproductive Health; Theme: Empowering Women?s Health Through Scientific Voice; 2018
65. Journal of Medicinal Research and Biological Studies
66. DOA Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics
67. DOA Journal of General Medicine
68. Open Access Journal of Oncology (OAJOY)
69. International Journal of Human Anatomy (Editor-in-chief)
70. Journal of Heart Failure and Cardiology Research
71. Journal of Child Psychology
72. Archive of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine
73. CPQ Medicine
74. Journal of Gynecology and Women Healthcare
75. Global Scientific Research Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
76. Journal of Hematology Research (SaVvy Science Puplisher)
77. Madridge Journal of Women's Health and Emancipation
78. Archives of Reproductive Medicine and Sexual Health
79. International Journal of Orthopedic Nursing
80. International Journal of Obstetrics, Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing
81. International Journal of Emergency and Trauma Nursing
Research Protocol Revision:
1. MD Physiology 2016, Titled": Effect of exposure to electromagnetic radiation on oxidative stress and uterine contractility during early and late pregnancy in rats" Submitted by Dr. Eman AbdelRaouf Mohammed.
2. MSc Forensic Medicine, 2018 Titled: “Role of Interleukin 6 and tumor necrosis factor alpha in determination of skin wound age in human cadavers: Histopathological and immunohistochemical study, submitted by Abdelaziz M A Othman from Benghazi University”
1. ULTRASONOGRAPHIC MEASUREMENTS OF NORMAL SPLEEN IN PRESCHOOL CHILDREN OF SHARKIA GOVERNORATE, EGYPT AND THEIR CORRELATION WITH THE LENGTH OF NORMAL LEFT KIDNEY AND SOME OF BODY PARAMETERS, A THESIS FOR MASTER DEGREE, FACULTY OF MEDICINE, ZAGAZIG UNIVERSITY 1994
2. RADIOLOGICAL STUDY OF EXTRADURAL SPACE; STRUCTURE AND MEASUREMENTS OF THE LUMBO-SACRAL REGION OF THE NORMAL HUMAN VERTEBRAL COLUMN. A THESIS FOR MD, FACULTY OF MEDICINE, ZAGAZIG UNIVERSITY, 2005.
3. Prenatal developmental changes of in the lungs of albino rats after exposure to monosodium glutamate. [A thesis submitted for partial fulfillment of MSc degree in basic medical sciences "Anatomy and Embryology"], Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University; May 19, 2016. By Eman Sabry
4. Structural study of toxic effect of methimazole on renal cortex of adult albino rats and the possible protective role of thyroxin. 3/2017 MSc Thesis (Anatomy and Embryology), Zagazig University, Egypt, 223/2017. By Manar Khatab
5. The effect of formaldehyde on the testis of adult male albino rats. 12/4/2017 MSc Thesis (Anatomy and Embryology), Zagazig University, Egypt, 223/2017. By Nehal Mohammad Mohammad Omar
6. Changes in liver structure induced by zinc oxide nanoparticles and the possible protective role of vitamin E in adult male albino rats. [A thesis submitted by Marwa Mohamed ElMansy for partial fulfillment of MSc degree in basic medical sciences "Anatomy and Embryology"], Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University; October 12, 2017.
7. Effect of Induced Hypoglycemia on Postnatal Development of the Adrenal Gland in Albino Rat. [A thesis submitted by Asmaa Monir Soliman Eltaweel for partial fulfillment of MD degree in basic medical sciences "Anatomy and Embryology"], Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University; October 21, 2017.
1. Clinical Anatomy of Thorax for medical students and doctors, 2018
LAP- "Lambert Academic Publishing", Mauritius. ISBN-13: 978-620-2-07951-8; ISBN-10: 6202079517; EAN: 9786202079518
2. Clinical Embryology for medical students and postgraduate doctors, 2014. LAP- "Lambert Academic Publishing", Germany, Berlin, Germany. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-54516-0; ISBN-10: 3659545163; EAN: 9783659545160
3-. Synopsis of Anatomy and Physiology 2009
4- "Essentials of Basic Anatomy, for health care professionals" - Cairo, 2006. - ISBN 977-17-3621-3
Scientific Research Papers
1. Hysterosalpingography might disturb the functional anatomy of Fallopian tube. Academia Anatomica International Vol. 4, Issue 1, Jan-June 2018 -
2. STUDY OF TOXIC EFFECT OF METHIMAZOLE ON THE CORTICAL STRUCTURE OF ADULT MALE ALBINO RATS KIDNEYS AND THE AMELIORATED EFFECT OF THYROXIN Zagazig University Medical Journal, 24(3):2018-219.
3. Role of Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 Antagonist (Trastuzumab) in the Management of Nonmuscle-invasive Urinary Bladder Carcinoma Tumor Microenviron 2018;1:9-25.
4. Prognostic significance and therapeutic implications of PTEN, EGFR and MAPK/ERK in cervical squamous cell carcinoma AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN MEDICAL SCIENCES, 2018;2(2); 48-57 10.5455/ajrms.20171201093445
5. Vaginal Tightening Surgery: A New Technique Annals of International Medical and Dental Research; Vol (3), Supplement 1(November 2017): 32-37. 10.21276/aimdr.2017.3.S1.10
6. Effect of Induced Hypoglycemia on Postnatal Development of the Adrenal Gland in Albino Rats British Journal of Science; 16 (1):1-17
7. Effect of Formaldehyde on Rat Testis Structure Acad. Anat. Int. 2017;3(2):15-23
8. EFFECT OF BISPHENOL A ON CORPUS EPIDIDYMIS AND CHROMOSOMAL PATTERN OF ADULT RATS Zagazig University Medical Journal (ZUMJ);23(3) May; 2017: 171-181
9. Effect of Gestational Exposure to Monosodium Glutamate on the Structure of Fetal Rat Lung. Anatomy Physiol Biochem Int 2017; J 3(2): APBIJ.MS.ID.555609 (2017)
10. Anatomy is a misnomer to aims of its study Academia Anatomica International; Vol. 3, Issue 1, 2017; Page: 1.
11. Mode of Hepatitis C Transmission through Sexual Intercourse: Author Perspective Academia Anatomica International; Vol. 2, Issue 2, July-Dec. 2016; Page: 1-2; DOI: 10.21276/aanat.2016.2.2.1
12. A Rare Case of Splenic Benign Mucinous Cystadenoma Academia Anatomica International; Vol. 2, Issue 2, July-Page: 7-10; Dec. 2016; DOI: 10.21276/aanat.2016.2.2.3;
13. EVALUATION OF FASCIN AND MMP-9 EXPRESSION AS MARKERS OF INVASION IN UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA OF THE URINARY BLADDER Int. J. of Adv. Res. 2016:4 (8). 401-408, DOI:10.21474/IJAR01/1229
14. Anatomy and embryology of umbilicus in newborns: a review and clinical correlations Front. Med. 2016;10(3): 271-277, DOI 10.1007/s11684-016-0457-8
15. Diagnostic Discrimination of Fine Needle Aspiration Specimens of Hepatic Nodules using Immunohistochemical Expression of GPC3 and EZH2 J Tumor Res 2: 110. doi: 10.4172/jtr.1000110
16. Prognostic Value of Immunohistochemical Expressions of the Stem Cell Biomarker "LGR5" and the Proliferation Biomarker "TPX2" in Colorectal Carcinoma Journal of Tumor 2016 June; 4(3): 426-434 doi:10.17554/j.issn.1819-6187.2016.03.94
17. Immunohistochemical Study of Prognostic Relevance of Nestin and Survivin Expression in Astrocytic glioma J Interdiscipl Histopathol. Online First: 03 May,2016;4(2):9-15. doi:10.5455/jihp.20160420021353
18. Prognostic implication of MYb-like, swirm and Mpn domain-containing protein-1 and Twist-1 in renal cell carcinoma J Interdiscipl Histopathol; 2016, vol. 4, Issue 1(1-8); - doi: 10.5455/jihp.20160226125558
19. Immunohistochemical Distinction of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Using Arginase-1, Hepatocyte Paraffin Antigen -1 and Glypican-3 Journal of Tumor; 2016:4(1)359-366; Hong Kong; doi:10.17554/j.issn.1819-6187.2016.04.75
20. Prognostic Value of ALDH1, EZH2 and Ki-67 in Astrocytic Gliomas Turkish Journal of Pathology, 2016, 32;2:70-81; doi: 10.5146/tjpath.2015.01344
21. Female Circumcision in Egypt "Editorial " Annals of International Medical and Dental Research, 2016;Vol (2), Issue (1), 1-2,India
22. Repetitive Anal Intercourse as a Potential Risk for Renal Failure Academia Anatomica International Vol. 1, Issue 1, July-December 2015 pp.1-2, India
23. The prognostic significance of p53, p63 and her2 expression in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer in relation to treatment with bacille Calmette–Guerin Arab Journal of Urology, vol. 13, Issue 3 September 2015, Pages 225–230
24. Immunohistochemical measurement and expression of Mcl-1 in infertile testes Frontiers of Medicine, vol. 9, Issue 3, pp 361-367
25. Hegazy? Simplified Method of Tissue Processing (Consuming Less Time and Chemicals) Annals of International Medical and Dental Research, 1(2):57-61, 2015
26. DMPA- Induced Changes in Estrogen and Progesterone Receptors of Ampulla of Rat-oviducts: An Immunohistochemical Study Universal Journal of Medical Science 3(2): 33-40, 2015
27. MINIMAL ADENOCARCINOMA IN PROSTATE NEEDLE BIOPSY TISSUE: IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL STUDY Int J Cur Res Rev | Vol 7 • Issue 6 • March 2015
28. Combined Assessment of EZH2, GPC3 and SUOX could Improve Diagnosis of Regenerative Nodule, Liver Dysplasia and Small HCC in Cirrhotic Patients. International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 1, 324-346
29. Role of ERG, PTEN and KI67 Proteins Expression in Prognosis of Metastatic Prostate Cancer International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 1, 296-306
30. CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE AND CORRELATION OF SURVIVIN, HER2 AND BCL2 EXPRESSION IN BREAST CARCINOMA ZUMJ Vol. 20; N.6 November; 2014: 883-898.
31. EFFECT OF CYCLOSPORINE A ON THE KIDNEY OF RABBIT: A LIGHT AND ULTRASTRUCTURAL STUDY International Journal of Anatomy and Research, 2014 (Volume 2 Issue 4), 768-76
32. ANTHROPOMETRIC STUDY OF NASAL INDEX OF EGYPTIANS International Journal of Anatomy and Research, 2014 (Volume 2 Issue 4), 761-67
33. Midsagittal Anatomy of Lumbar Lordosis in Adult Egyptians: MRI Study Anatomy Research International, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 370852, 12 pages
34. Expression and Significance of Ezrin and E-cadherin in Colorectal Carcinoma Int. J. of Adv. Res. 2 (7): 936-944, 2014.
35. Immunohistochemical Expression of Aldehyde Dehydrogenase-1 and Hypoxia- Inducible Factor-1 alpha in Breast Cancer. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 2 (7): 822-830, 2014
36. Fine needle aspiration cytology and cell-block study of various breast lumps-American Journal of Biomedical and Life Sciences. Vol. 2, No. 1, 2014, pp. 8-17.".
37. Radiographic morphometric study of the normal distal humerus in adult Egyptians- International Journal of Advanced Research-2013, 1(9):155-161.
38. Expression of β-Catenin and Cyclooxygenase 2 in Colorectal Carcinoma: An Immunohistochemical Study- Universal Journal of Medical Science 2013, 1(3):72-77
39. Sex Assessment of the First Sacral Vertebra, MRI Study-Journal of American Science 2013;9(10)
40. Age-Related Changes in Rabbit Optic Nerve: A Morphological Study –Journal of American Science 2013;9(10);86-77
41. FNAC and Cell-block Study of Thyroid Lesions-Universal Journal of Medical Science 1(1): 1-8, 2013
42. Hymen: facts and conceptions, the Health 2012; 3(4): 109-115
43. Radiographic Height Variations and Sexual Dimorphism in the Two Bony Processes of the Proximal End of Ulna. The New Egyptian Journal of Medicine Vol.:46 ; No.: 6 1st June 2012, 585-92
44. Male circumcision: review and authors perspective. theHealth 2012; 3(1): 24-30
45. Radiographic Evaluation of the Normal Elbow Carrying Angle in Adults. J. Med. Sci. 10(2):40-44, 2010
46. Anatomical Variations of the Human Nasal Osteomeatal Complex, Studied by CT. Zagazig University Medical journal, Special Issue, for 16th Zagazig Annual Conference, 72-83, March, 2009.
47. An Anatomical Study of The Cephalic Vein in The Forearm New Egyptian Medical Journal, Vol. 35, No. 2, 585-592, August, 2006 c of superficial veins of the middle upper middle extremity in Caucasian population. J Vasc Access, 2015
48. A MORPHOLOGICAL STUDY OF THE SACRAL HIATUS Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. XII, No.3 July, Pp. 2877- 86, 2006.
49. MORPHOLOGICAL STUDY OF THE ANTEROMEDIAL REGION OF THE ANKLE (ANATOMICAL SNUFF-BOX OF THE ANKLE!) New Egyptian Medical Journal, Vol. 32, No. 6, 284-287, June 2005 The paper has been referred in WHO website:
50. DISTRIBUTION OF THE PERFORATING ARTERIES OF THE LOWER LEG. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. X, No.1., Pp. 1434- 25, 2004.
51. POSTMENOPAUSAL ENDOMETRIAL CHANGES IN WOMEN WITH UTERINE BLEEDING. ULTRASONOGRAPHIC ASSESSMENT WITH HISTOLOGIC CORRELATION. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. X, No.1., Pp. 741- 50, 2004.
52. MORPHOMETRIC STUDY OF THE CAROTID CANAL AND SKULL BASE IN EGYPTIANS. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Special issue for Annual Conference of Faculty of Medicine, Pp. 358-366, November, 2003.
53. INFERIOR EXTENSOR RETINACULUM OF THE HUMAN ANKLE; ITS MEDIAL AND LATERAL ATTACHMENTS AND ARRANGEMENT OF STRUCTURES DEEP TO IT. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. IX, No.3., Pp. 92- 100, 2003.
54. ULTRASONOGRAPHIC MEASUREMENTS OF NORMAL SPLEEN IN PRESCHOOL CHILDREN OF SHARKIA GOVERNORATE, EGYPT AND THEIR CORRELATION WITH THE LENGTH OF NORMAL LEFT KIDNEY AND SOME OF BODY PARAMETERS. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. IX, No.1., January Pp. 384- 402, 2003.
55. LIGHT AND ELECTRON MICROSCOPIC STUDY OF THE OVARIAN SURFACE EPITHELIUM (OSE) OF THE ADULT ALBINO RAT. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Special issue for Annual Conference of Faculty of Medicine, Novemb-er, 2002.
56. CELLULAR LOCALIZATION OF PROLIFERATING CELL NUCLEAR ANTIGEN (PCNA) IN THE INFERTILE TESTIS (A MARKER OF ACTIVE SPERMATOGENESIS). Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. VIII, No.5. Pp. 1769- 84, 2002.
57. LIGHT AND ELECTRON MICROSCOPIC STUDY OF NORMAL UROTHELIUM AND TRANSITIONAL CELL bCARCINOMA OF THE BLADDER. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. VII, No.5. Pp. 2215- 32, 2001.
58. LATE GESTATIONAL LUNG DEVELOPMENT IN RABBIT WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO EFFECT OF CORTISOL. Zagazig University Medical Journal, Vol. V, No.1. Pp. 381- 407, Jan. 1999.