Name: Dr. Marcio Danilo Mota Varela
Educational Qualification: Post-Doc
Designation: Project Manager at Originaria Ltd, Santiago, Chile
Department: Communication Science
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela/Spain
Research Interests: Multicultural literature , Media studies, Graphic desing, Creative economy, Children's literature
Biography: Dr. Marcio Danilo Mota Varela is a Project Manager at Originaria Ltd, Santiago, Chile. He received his Post-Doc at Fundação Universidade Regional de Blumenau - FURB in 2016 (Brazil). Doctor's and Master’s degree in Audiovisual Communication and Creative Industries for the Department of Communication Sciences, at the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2008-2012. He worked as a University Lecturer at the Universidade para o Desenvolvimento do Alto Vale do Itajaí , Unidavi / Funadação Universidade Regional de Blumenau - FURB.
Researcher Experience and Reward
1. (2016) Post-doctorate research grant by the National Post-Doctorate Program (PNPD/CAPES) at Fundação Universidade Regional de Blumenau (FURB) (*Governmental Institution).
2. (2013) Spanish Ph.D. title recognized by the University of São Paulo (USP) - (*Governmental Institution).
3. (2012) Ph.D dissertation appraised by the Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (USC) on the assumption related to the Communicative Process between Children’s EntertainmentMedia (Ph.D. dissertation scored with honors /Cum Laude). (*Governmental Institution).
4. (2012) European Doctorate Certificate endorsed by the European Union (EU) for the international research contribution made during his Ph.D. studies in/out/across Europe.
5. (2012) Invitation to present Ph.D. research outcomes on comparative literature and audio-visual communication at the International Conference of Illustration – Ilustramundos, organized and promoted by the University of Santiago de Compostela and the European Union Commission (*Governmental Institution).)
6. (2011) Research grant obtained from the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) to attend both Cardiff University (Wales-UK) and the University College
7. CorK (Ireland) for 6 months on disciplines regarding to the European Cultural Studies (*Governmental Institution).
8. (2010) Research grant obtained from an open competition promoted by both the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) and the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) to attend a fall semester at the University of Central Missouri (UCM) at a Ph.D. level, in which was included permission to address classes for both master’s and bachelor’s students, as well as to participate in conferences. (*Governmental & Private Institutions).
9. (2007) Ph.D. research project selected by the Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (USC) to attend one of the only two vacancies of that institution for foreign students (*Governmental Institution).
10. (2006) Film screenwriting project accepted for the Advanced Writing for Film, TV, and Interactive Media program at Vancouver Film School (VFS) – Canada. (*Private Institution).