Name: Xueyan Zhou
Educational Qualification: PhD
Designation: Associate Professor
Department: Clinical Pharmacy
Xuzhou Medical University
Research Interests: Pharmacokinetics
Biography: Xueyan Zhou (PhD) is an Associate Professor at the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Xuzhou Medical University. She obtained her PhD from the China Pharmaceutical University (China). In 2013 Prof. Zhou was recruited to Xuzhou Medical University as an Assistant Professor, and within 3 years she received tenure and promoted to a rank of Associate Professor. Prof. Zhou obtained funds from highly competitive grant agencies such as the Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 81403001), the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (No. 2015M580474), and the special financial grant from the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 2016T90510). Prof. Zhou is an author of over 15 original publications, some of which were published in highly ranked journals such as Nature Communications. Her research focuses on role of endogenous molecule metabolism disorder in the pathogenesis of breast cancer, and provides theoretical and experimental evidence for the research of novel drugs for clinical intervention against breast cancer.
1. Zhou X, Cao L, Jiang C, Xie Y, Cheng X, Krausz KW, Qi Y, Sun L, Shah YM, Gonzalez FJ, Wang G, Hao H. PPARα-UGT axis activation represses intestinal FXR-FGF15 feedback signalling and exacerbates experimental colitis. Nat Commun.2014 Sep 3;5:4573. doi: 10.1038/ncomms5573.
2. Zhou X, Zhu J, BaoZ, Shang Z, Wang T, Song J, Sun J, Li W, Adelusi TI, Wang Y, Lv D, Lu Q, Yin X. A variation in KCNQ1 gene is associated with repaglinide efficacy on insulin resistance in Chinese Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients.Sci Rep.2016 Nov 18;6:37293. doi: 10.1038/srep37293.
3. Zhou X, Zheng Z, Xu C, Wang J, Min M, Zhao Y, Wang X, Gong Y, Yin J, Guo M, Guo D, Zheng J, Zhang B, Yin X. Disturbance of Mammary UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase Represses Estrogen Metabolism and Exacerbates Experimental Breast Cancer. J Pharm Sci. 2017 May 4. pii: S0022-3549(17)30344-1. doi: 10.1016/j.xphs.2017.04.073.
4. Zhou X,Xie Y, Qi Q, Cheng X, Liu F, Liao K, Wang G*, Hao H*. Disturbance of hepatic and intestinal UDP-glucuronosyltransferase in rats with trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid-induced colitis. Drug Metab Pharmacok, 2013;28(4):305-13.
5. Zhou X, Zhu Q, Han X, Chen R, Liu Y, Fan H, Yin X. Quantitative-Profiling of Neurotransmitter Abnormalities in Disease Progression of Experimental Diabetic Encephalopathy Rat. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015 Nov;93(11):1007-1013.
6. Han X, Min M, Wang J, Bao Z, Fan H, Li X, Adelusi TI, Zhou X(corresponding author), Yin X. Quantitative profiling of neurotransmitter abnormalities in brain, cerebrospinal fluid, and serum of experimental diabetic encephalopathy male rat. J Neurosci Res. 2017 Jun 13. doi: 10.1002/jnr.24098.?IF 2.481?
7. Yin Z, Zhao X, Yang D, Cao X, Yu Y,Jiang H, Zhou X(corresponding author), Li C, Guo Q. LFG-500, a newly synthesized flavonoid, induces apoptosis in human ovarian carcinoma SKOV3 cells with involvement of the reactive oxygen species-mitochondria pathway. Exp Ther Med.2017 Jun;13(6):2819-2827. doi: 10.3892/etm.2017.4343. (IF 1.28)
8. Song JF, Wang T, Zhu J,Zhou X, Lu Q, Guo H, Zhang F, Wang Y, Li W, Wang DD, Cui YW, Lv DM, Yin XX. PPARD rs2016520 polymorphism affects repaglinide response in Chinese Han patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015 Jan;42(1):27-32. doi: 10.1111/1440-1681.12314. (IF 2.405)
9. Cheng X, Liu F, Yan T,Zhou X, Wu L, Liao K, Wang G*, Hao H*. Metabolic Profile, Enzyme Kinetics, and Reaction Phenotyping of β-Lapachone Metabolism in Human Liverand Intestine in Vitro. Mol Pharm. 2012 Nov 16. (IF 4.57)
10. Zhang L, Chu X, Wang H, Xie H, Guo C, Cao L, Zhou X, Wang G*, Hao H*. Dysregulations of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in rats with valproic acid and high fat diet induced fatty liver. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013 Dec 5;721(1-3):277-85. (IF 2.592)